4/12/12 Setting Date--Anyone joining me?

Orumpoultry, that's an amazing story!!! Congratulations!

Miss Giggles, I'm so sorry for your loss. That is sad.

I think I'm going to get a 100% hatch too! Pretty amazing, considering this hatch took place in a first grade classroom, isn't it?

Aunt Hattie, I have more due to hatch sunday Eve/Monday so will wait and see if any hatch.
fl.gif

Congratulations Orum Poultry on your "bad" eggs lol
Sphinx I think its wonderful that you take the time to show children the highs and possible lows of life. I wish I'd have had hatching eggs at that age! I just hope the kids don't cry too much when chicks go home.

Here are pictures of my five silkies so far

The first picture is a partridge I think then white, lavender, white, and paint.

Oh, they are so gorgeous!!! I may have to try silkies one of these days.

Thanks for the compliment, Miss Giggles; that was very sweet.

Pudellvr- Yay!!! Wow I love your chicks. They have such beautiful coloring on them. They are going to be beautiful birds!

I'm still waiting on the eggs under my broody hens. I'm a wreck because I can't see what is happening. I don't know if they have zipped yet or not. I hope we wake up to two more chicks.

Sorry I haven't been as chatty. I had to deal with some family stuff that kept me occupied until last night. Those silkies are beautiful! Hope all the other hatches go well!

Well guys this will be an EASY hatch to remember. It's my nephews birthday, and he's sitting over the incubator talking to the eggs every few minutes. I think they're hatching for him, not me. Six have come out since he's started talking with several more pipping. Not too sure what's out because he won't let me near the 'bator ( they're not done yet, Gummy! )

It is sooo exciting to see everyone's new little babies!!!
wee.gif

I, on the other hand, am having a terrible time. I have had zero movement, zero pips, zero chirps. I am not sure what I did wrong, but I it is now Day #23, and I don't see any signs of hatching.
hit.gif

I am down to only 6 eggs.

I sooo wanted a new little chick to be born!!

So I had to crack open the 'bator today to pull chicks out! They were stomping all over the place. Seven out, two died at pip/zip, one pipping... Checked eggs while it was open and tossed anything that was green instead of yellow or red. Burned them in a REALLY hot fire so there was no chance of anyone still alive being cooked. It would've been instantanious. There's roughly ten eggs still trying to get out. Considering all the (badword) these guys went through (spikes, drops, humidity issues) I'll be happy with my seven.

Checked egg shells. I for SURE have -

2 Hatch
3 White Clarets
2 SS Grey's out.

Have two Hatch trying to hatch out. My turkey hen was off the nest today but I forgot to check her eggs. -sigh-

Back
Top Bottom