4 Brahma’s and a mystery chick

I see single combs on the black and the white.... but I can't see the comb on the buff well enough to say; but it does look like probably a pea. That's why I was saying cochin... the single combs.
Sorry didn't clarify very well :) I agree that the white is a Cochin. I think the others have pea combs however, just with more prominent middle rows! Better pictures would always help, but my Black Brahmas cockerels had very prominent middle rows like these guys. It looks almost like a single from the side! :)

I see single combs on the black and the white.... but I can't see the comb on the buff well enough to say; but it does look like probably a pea. That's why I was saying cochin... the single combs.
The two blacks and buff all have pea combs, the white is the only one with a single comb. i thought that was weird but perhaps a normal genetic anomaly, like how sometimes two bords of the same color can produce different colored offspring. Good to know though, that that particular farm possibly(probably?) interbred some cochins with their brahma stock I suppose

The two blacks and buff all have pea combs, the white is the only one with a single comb. i thought that was weird but perhaps a normal genetic anomaly, like how sometimes two bords of the same color can produce different colored offspring. Good to know though, that that particular farm possibly(probably?) interbred some cochins with their brahma stock I suppose
Well, that would account for how full the feet feathers are on the shanks... brahmas usually aren't quite as full feathered as cochins are.

I would say potentially at least with the white one. I wouldn't say that for the others. Non-hatchery Brahmas ESPECIALLY overseas tend to have very heavily-feathered legs. There's also a chance that a single comb could pop up since it's recessive, but I would say it's likely that that one has Cochin blood. :)

I have to say, you are up very late, my friend. LOL To get information on your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom