4 Day Old Chick Just Lays Down

Well, here is an update. She made it through the night, but is still barely moving. She kind of waddles. She is definitely favoring her right side as she has fallen over while trying to walk. I gave her wet medicated feed using the electrolyte water. She will take two nibbles and refuse to eat more. She does take a few sips of her electrolyte water on her own, but that’s it. I’m fearing for the worst since she has no desire to eat anything.
Any swelling of the abdomen, leg joints look o.k., crop is o.k., she's pooping?
I'm sorry she's still not doing well. They are so precious and it's distressing when one is failing.
You are doing what you can :hugs

So, I just checked on her. Her eyes were closed and she wouldn't wake up or even move. She excreted yellow liquid on my hand, but no other movement. When I did pick her up, her head just slowly dropped down, but didn't once try to move or open her eyes. She had very shallow breathing. I knew that was my sign that she wasn't going to bounce back. Made the decision to end her life instead of her suffering further. Sadly, I had checked on her an hour before, and she was slightly walking and taking sips on her own. Amazing what an hour brings. Rest in peace little one!

So, I just checked on her. Her eyes were closed and she wouldn't wake up or even move. She excreted yellow liquid on my hand, but no other movement. When I did pick her up, her head just slowly dropped down, but didn't once try to move or open her eyes. She had very shallow breathing. I knew that was my sign that she wasn't going to bounce back. Made the decision to end her life instead of her suffering further. Sadly, I had checked on her an hour before, and she was slightly walking and taking sips on her own. Amazing what an hour brings. Rest in peace little one!
:hugs I'm so sorry.

Back
Top Bottom