4 day shipment for my birds,what are the odds for survival

SC gal

Hatching
Apr 19, 2016
Good afternoon everyone,

I placed an order from Meyer hatchery several weeks back. I had spoke to customer service (same person for the last 3 calls to her) and she told me 2-3 day arrival time for my birds.
Now, it will be Thursday before they are supposed to arrive.
he.gif

What are the chances that 90% will arrive alive.I paid for a special dorking, cochin and brown/black polish. The rest were assorted rare breeds and 5 st. run bantam polish.

I would of paid extra for shipping had I been told this. I am so upset.

Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated. I am new to chickens having 3 RIR and a Turkey for about 6 weeks that I purchased from the feed an grain place near me.

I don't know but would like to know how they did. Don't forget to take pictures when you open the box. I think they will be ok, if very thirsty but just a guess on my part. Why is it taking 4 day? I have never ordered any through the mail, but was thinking of getting some Jersey Giants.

I spoke to customer service and got a lady with customer service experience with the company. She told me that the order goes out Monday evening and arrival is anywhere from Tues-Thurs. Not sure what state u live in, but of course the post office takes longer the farther away from where Meyers is.

If you decide to order, Lynn is the best person talk to there. Option #2. I have read a few nightmare experiences with the post office but the hatchery gets good reviews mainly.

It would be good to have some gro-gel on hand so you can offer it to them as soon as you pick them up., also some water with a bit of sugar in it. I know the post office also has overnight express shipping but, the times my friend got chicks - it was well past the day for arrival. They used to boast arrival by noon the next day. Never happened like that for her and she paid $$$ for the service.

ps all her birds did survive the delayed arrival but, now and then needed extra to perk up. One she got in awful condition - not from shipping, but sent from a very uncaring breeder(?)
who sent a hen with illness, worms, etc. and stinking to high heaven.

Redneek,the rest of the chicks are doing great! I spoke with customer service again the other day. I am very pleased with Meyer hatchery as they are sending replacements on 1 missed and the polish that didnt make it. Of course,I ordered 13 more birds with the next order.

Back
Top Bottom