4 days of incubation & hatched!

ebonys_shadow

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 2, 2008
Westport
We bought a huge old wooden incubator last year. We got a great deal! The incubator & a used brooder from a feed store for $60! Sold the brooder for $50! I'm very happy with it and have hatched out hundreds of babies! Well, I put my eggs on top of the incubabor and have done this all along, no problems. I recently put a batch of quail eggs in the incubator. I went to put fresh ones in and mxed them up with old ones that needed tossed.... So, I took a handful of the eggs and put them with fresh ones... A few days later a had a bunch hatch! I figured those old eggs had late hatchers or something, felt bad about throwing that old batch away...

Well, on the 6th, I put over 120 eggs in the incubator... It's the 13th and for the last 2 days I've had babies hatching out of that batch! So, I'm guessing they are incubating on top... Now, I have eggs on top and don't want to take them off, think I'll throw them in there and start storing my eggs somewhere else... I want them to hatch close to the same time but at the monment, I'll have them hatching for the news 12 days or so...

Anyone ever have this happen? We're in oregon and it's not like we have high humidity or temps! As a matte of fact, we had 4 weeks of snow that finally melted off a few days ago... Our quail are moved onto our enclosed heated back porch I call the animal room. They have a huge aviary ith 4 rooms during the summer but during the winter, they get pampered
wink.png

Were you tilting the eggs in the carton on top? Or were they just sitting there the whole time?
At least you have high enough humidity it was about right even outside of the incubator!

I'll see if I can get some pictures
smile.png

I haven't tilted the eggs or anything, just set them in bowls till it's time... We have hatched about 30 of this batch at the moment.... Without turning the eggs or anything, they are all healthy... Didn't stick to the eggs or anything... It's just amazing...

Thank You
smile.png
Here are the quails we have hatched so far that I put in on the 6th, more still hatching! I'm also going to show you a picture of the duck that hatched this morning, too cute
smile.png

15248_quial_009.jpg

15248_quial_008.jpg

15248_quial_005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom