4 days to go, should I move her ?

poulet

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
My broody (that I thought would never go broody as ex egg factory hen ) has 13 eggs that I put under her. I had 14 in the bator when she went broody so after alot of dilemer I put 8 under her at 10 days and kept the rest, then I decided she would probably do a better job than me so two days ago I candled the ones I had left 5 of which were good( 1 had stopped developing ) and put all my faith in her
fl.gif
fl.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/7478_dscf0122.jpg
Doen't she look great !,
love.gif
now should I let her stay where she is ? I did move her in the beggining but she always went back to the same place , she is in the chicken house with all the others at night so should I section her off maybe ? or will she protect the chicks ?

Last edited:
I wouldn't move her. You might break her brood. I would just let her be. She looks like she is doing a great job. Good Luck
fl.gif

Don't move her. You have too much at risk now. After the hatch is over and she has gotten up and taken the babies for their first venture out you can clean the nesting area and move her to where you want her to raise the chicks. Good luck with the hatch!

Back
Top Bottom