4-H chick sale and poultry seminars, Spokane WA, THIS SATURDAY!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by flyingmonkeypoop, Mar 11, 2008.

1. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    We will be having our chick sale at Northwest Seed and Pet on north division in Spokane WA on April 26th. We will have a youth fitting and showing demonstartion. We will be having seminars on raising chicks, which breed is right for you, and some other topics. The seminars will start at 8am and go til noon. We will have a lunch break, there are some fast food places within walking distance. The chick auction will start at 1. We will have several chicks from the nations top breeders, as well as some backyard layers. We are also expecting atleast 30 ducklings. We will have adult birds also, including welsummers, wyandotte bantams, red naked neck bantams, and more. We will be having silent auctions on eggs and other poultry items, and there will be door prizes. We will have a veterinarian there to answer any health questions you may have. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    -Michael

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Which veterinarian is going to be there?

3. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I cant remember her name, she is the one that was at interstate and swabbed the birds, she is from the Deer Park Vet clinic. I will look around and try to find her name.

4. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Micheal, will there be a way to get the birds and eggs to you before the show, I may be out of town (never know with my job [​IMG]) maybe a day or two before?
    Denna

5. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I sent you a pm. Thank you for the birds and eggs you are donating, hopefully you can be there, its always nice to meet other BYC members.

6. Ms. Chick

Ms. Chick New Egg

Mar 10, 2008
    Michael,
    I am looking for a Large Blue or Black Amercauna Roo. Show quality, 1 yr or so. Will Amercaunas be shown there?

7. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I dont think we will have any adult ameracaunas, we might have some chicks from Ramona Iwan.

8. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    We will have some turkeys and pheasant chicks. We moved it to Northwest Seed and Pet on North Division. We have several great books donated, and whoever spends the most at our sale will get a $50 gift card to Walmart. Walmart at the Y now carries chicken feed.

9. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Update-we will now have coturnix and tennessee red quail.

10. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Update-we are expecting about a dozen turkey chicks. We will have over a dozen quail, about 200-350 birds in total. Myron Berger will be there to judge the showmanship. We will have many many birds from top breeders. We are expecting lots of frizzle cochin bantams, some pure ameraucanas, silkies, frizzle polish bantams, and many many more birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by