4-H Speech Don't know what to do! Please help ~.~

AFluffyChicken

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Earth
Im in 4-H and I have to do a Speech on chickens , I've done them before About getting them ready for the fair and how to tell if their female or male when their chicks and what they can eat but I have no idea what to do this time! I need one by tonight because I found out the meeting is tomorrow night!!!
ep.gif

WooingWyandotte

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Nor cal
I'm in 4H! I'd be happy to help! So is it a mini presentation for a community meeting? In that case a 3-10 min speech would work out. I've found that boards with pictures and labels glued on are very helpful in explaining stuff.

A few ideas would be, Heritage breeds and their dual purpose-ness but focus on one breed. I.E. I breed Buckeyes so I did one of those and a whole display at my table for a county event.

You could talk about "ancient chicken breeds" or the remnants of them in different breeds...OR if they'll allow you, bring one of your chickens and do a presentation on that breed!

AFluffyChicken

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Earth
Its a speech infront of my group , I don't think I'll be able to get a display bourd ready before tonight .
I think I might do a speech on the heritage a Salmon Favoralls , otherwise on chicken showing but its hard to find stuff on chicken showing when it began , so I think I'll go with your idea on the heritage on a breed :D Thank you!

Top Bottom