4 month old cockerel in need of new home in Colorado

HowlingTree

In the Brooder
May 1, 2021
A while ago I posted here just to confirm I had a cockerel among my pullets. Since then I've been trying to find a home for the sweet little guy, but it hasn't been going well. The only response we've gotten was a nearby rooster sanctuary saying they don't have room. I figured I make a post here and see if anyone is interested!

He is an easter egger turning 4 months old around June 11th. He has never been aggressive towards us and hasn't been overly pushy or bullying toward the rest of our flock. He can get a little startled when being picked up, but is fine and happy being handled and petted. We also have a small dog and he has never tried to chase or peck him while roaming our yard.

We live in the Denver metro area of Colorado, but are very willing to drive further. We don't want anyone coming to our home, but are more than happy to drive to where you live or find a public place to meet up. I should be available all days of the week, morning to evening, with a few exceptions. If you are interested, feel free to message me/post on this thread or send me an email at [email protected] so we can figure out details.

I am looking for a good home he can live out his days in, but I understand that isn't easy to find for a rooster, especially for his breed. If you are interested in using him for meat, feel free to contact me, just know that will be my last resort. Thank you all very much!

20210608_182528.jpg
20210608_182608.jpg
20210608_182725.jpg
20210608_182820.jpg

A while ago I posted here just to confirm I had a cockerel among my pullets. Since then I've been trying to find a home for the sweet little guy, but it hasn't been going well. The only response we've gotten was a nearby rooster sanctuary saying they don't have room. I figured I make a post here and see if anyone is interested!

He is an easter egger turning 4 months old around June 11th. He has never been aggressive towards us and hasn't been overly pushy or bullying toward the rest of our flock. He can get a little startled when being picked up, but is fine and happy being handled and petted. We also have a small dog and he has never tried to chase or peck him while roaming our yard.

We live in the Denver metro area of Colorado, but are very willing to drive further. We don't want anyone coming to our home, but are more than happy to drive to where you live or find a public place to meet up. I should be available all days of the week, morning to evening, with a few exceptions. If you are interested, feel free to message me/post on this thread or send me an email at [email protected] so we can figure out details.

I am looking for a good home he can live out his days in, but I understand that isn't easy to find for a rooster, especially for his breed. If you are interested in using him for meat, feel free to contact me, just know that will be my last resort. Thank you all very much!

View attachment 2710425View attachment 2710426View attachment 2710427View attachment 2710428
Have you advertised him locally?
I have successfully rehomed 9 cockerels/roosters, including 2 EEs, and they've all gone on to be flock roosters.
I advertised on CL and asked $5 to keep the freezer fillers away then just refused payment if I found someone who wanted them.
I also joined 3 different local/regional FB Poultry Groups and advertised them there. State your general area and how far you are willing to drive to meet someone in your post.
Good luck finding this handsome man a new home!

Have you advertised him locally?
I have successfully rehomed 9 cockerels/roosters, including 2 EEs, and they've all gone on to be flock roosters.
I advertised on CL and asked $5 to keep the freezer fillers away then just refused payment if I found someone who wanted them.
I also joined 3 different local/regional FB Poultry Groups and advertised them there. State your general area and how far you are willing to drive to meet someone in your post.
Good luck finding this handsome man a new home!
Thanks so much for the pointers - I'm in the Denver area and have an 8-week-old Ancona who is clearly a rooster I'll need to re-home, so I've been keeping an eye on this thread. @DobieLover, did you have the most luck with Craigslist vs. fb?

Also, I'm thinking often about your beautiful boy and sending him good vibes for a nice new home, @HowlingTree! 🤞

Thanks so much for the pointers - I'm in the Denver area and have an 8-week-old Ancona who is clearly a rooster I'll need to re-home, so I've been keeping an eye on this thread. @DobieLover, did you have the most luck with Craigslist vs. fb?

Also, I'm thinking often about your beautiful boy and sending him good vibes for a nice new home, @HowlingTree! 🤞
Three on Craigslist, six on Facebook. I posted to three different poultry groups on Facebook so there was a lot more exposure there.

Thanks to everyone who liked and commented on this post! I made several posters and went to my local farmer's market and found someone who could take him! He's living on a farm with a huge flock now! ❤️ He was starting to get really loud, so I'm so relived I could find someone quickly!

Thanks to everyone who liked and commented on this post! I made several posters and went to my local farmer's market and found someone who could take him! He's living on a farm with a huge flock now! ❤️ He was starting to get really loud, so I'm so relived I could find someone quickly!
@HowlingTree would you be able to share contact info for the farm you found? Maybe in a PM? I am also Denver area and need to re-home my little Ancona rooster! A million thanks!

Back
Top Bottom