4 month old Rooster is crowing way before dawn. Help!

Totally normal! Mine have been crowing since 4:45am here in FL. We built a new coop which is 1/2 inch plywood and it keeps the sound down much better than what we had originally had and they can crow all morning and not wake the neighbors or us 🐔🐓

I totally understand your stress, but it's normal rooster behavior and unlikely to change. Are you concerned about neighbors? And/or is it stressful to your household? Was a rooster in your plan, or (like me), did he find his way in disguised as a pullet?

I was up at 2:30am the other day. I walked on to my deck, expecting silence. Instead I heard the choir of my parents roosters (7) and mine (2). So they just do what ever they please. ROOSTERS can't tell time! 🤷‍♀️

It’s a myth that roosters only crow at dawn. If you have neighbors with roosters it can be even worse as they yell back and forth about whose territory is whose. I suggest maybe a high powered fan in your bedroom; that’s what I do and I can’t hear my roosters at all. If it’s an issue with your neighbors, it might be best to rehome him... or offer them eggs from time to time (assuming you have hens too lol) as a peace offering.

It’s a myth that roosters only crow at dawn. If you have neighbors with roosters it can be even worse as they yell back and forth about whose territory is whose. I suggest maybe a high powered fan in your bedroom; that’s what I do and I can’t hear my roosters at all. If it’s an issue with your neighbors, it might be best to rehome him... or offer them eggs from time to time (assuming you have hens too lol) as a peace offering.
Perfect rooster yelling, in my post above 😂😂

Perfect rooster yelling, in my post above 😂😂
Lol, in my head I hear “these are my girls, stay away!” And then the other rooster yells back “and these are my girls, YOU stay away!” Then “idk why, but I don’t like you” and the other one yells back “same here, I hate you too buddy!”
I guess I have serious issues.

Back
Top Bottom