4 Month old Silkie Chicken

Maybe it is a sneeze? Chicken sneezes are very high pitched sudden squeaky noises usually accompanied by a jerking motion and possibly some nasal spray. How often is this doing this? Does she seem to do it more in certain situation e.g. After drinking water? Can you see any discharge around the nose?

Maybe it is a sneeze? Chicken sneezes are very high pitched sudden squeaky noises usually accompanied by a jerking motion and possibly some nasal spray. How often is this doing this? Does she seem to do it more in certain situation e.g. After drinking water? Can you see any discharge around the nose?
she started doing it yesterday, I'm not sure about the discharge, she does it when she walks

I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes very frequent or you start to see other respiratory symptoms like nose or eye discharge or facial swelling. It's possible she was sneezing after getting some dust or something in her nostril. Hopefully nothing serious.

My 4th month old silkie chicken keeps making this high pinch sound, kinda sounds like a sneeze or something, I never heard her do that sound, should I be worried?
my also4 week old chicken makes that sound to! is it like a sneezing fit?

I’d hold her and look at her Nares ( holes in her beak ),

See if they look clogged or black from dirt... take a Qtip and gently clean them off.

Also you can give them wet food , sometimes the dust from feed is the culprit. You say she’s walking while doing it? The question is what was she doing just before that ......
Good luck You’ll figure her out

I’d hold her and look at her Nares ( holes in her beak ),

See if they look clogged or black from dirt... take a Qtip and gently clean them off.

Also you can give them wet food , sometimes the dust from feed is the culprit. You say she’s walking while doing it? The question is what was she doing just before that ......
Good luck You’ll figure her out
Thank you c:

Back
Top Bottom