4 new chicks, 2 possible dads, 3 possible moms

Mar 25, 2023
I’m hoping everyone can access these videos. I have four chicks hatched from my incubator. 2 eggs were blue. 1 egg was mint green. 1 egg was cream.

I have 1 chicken laying a blue egg-Ameraucana

I have 1 chicken laying a mint green egg- Favaucana

I have two chickens laying cream eggs-Speckled Sussex and Salmon Faverolle. I have not seen my SS covered by my roosters, so I am assuming it is the SF hen.

My roosters are a Lavender Orpington and Black Copper Marans

All of these hens are my LO’s girl’s, but the BCM has tried to sneak some lovin time in, so I don’t want to rule it out.

I know the LO breeds true or throws black babies and BCM babies are black, so it is no surprise that they are all black

So please try and help me break down possible details for the breed options. I would love to hear your thoughts.

If you cannot access the videos, please let me know and I will try to upload photos that show what I have in my 4 videos.

Thank you so much! Lesson-mark your eggs if you want to more easily identify what hatches🐣

If my hunch is correct about my cockerel, I plan to breed it back to a LO hen and see if I hatch any lavender babies😊

https://share.icloud.com/photos/082uOZenmrJgfgSWNIw7rli4A

Yes. They aren’t as detailed as the video, but hopefully it will be helpful enough. Let me know if you have any qts. They are all 1 1/2- 2 weeks old. The cockerel was the first born. The one already getting adult feathering two days later. The mint green egg chick was third and the last one was a blue egg (5 days later), which does look similar to the 2nd one.

Attachments

• IMG_2674.jpeg
    IMG_2674.jpeg
    434.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2673.jpeg
    IMG_2673.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2672.jpeg
    IMG_2672.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2670.jpeg
    IMG_2670.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 13
If your Salmon Faverolle is purebred she will have 5 toes and this dominant trait would be seen in her offspring as well.

The chick with feathered shanks is sired by the Marans rooster.

Thank you. So the feathering wouldn’t come from the SF?
If the SF was a parent, the chick should have inherited both:
Feathered shanks/outer toe and five toes. And some muff and/or beard as well as purebred SF show both.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...HeU1B6YQ0pQJegQICRAB&biw=320&bih=597&dpr=2.25

Does any of your chicks have five toes?
No. The only other option for that chick would be my SS, but then where did he get his muffs if not the SF? Neither of the roosters have muffs.

Back
Top Bottom