4 Week Old Chick Suddenly Can't Stand Up? Others Fine? HELP, Please"

Was wondering about an update on this bird. I have a two week old chick that refuses to stand. It was fine a couple days ago. Same thing as this bird. Eats, drinks all that jazz but won't stand. They have been on chick food from the get go with quick chic and acv in their water. Get sprouts and wingless fruit flies as treats every so often. Could really use some advice.

I have 3 chicks about 4 weeks old similar situation. I only feed them Manna pro starter the medidated one. I woke up to check and one was on her back and can’t backup. I gave her nutri-drench, took her outdoors and tour around the backyard while trying not to cry so loud.

I moved her to a separate medium box for now and she’s eating and drinking like normal except she can’t stand up no more. it’s odd and really sad because last night she seems to be fine walking.

I put fluffs of pine shaves to support her and be comfortable. I hope and pray she survives.

I have 3 chicks about 4 weeks old similar situation. I only feed them Manna pro starter the medidated one. I woke up to check and one was on her back and can’t backup. I gave her nutri-drench, took her outdoors and tour around the backyard while trying not to cry so loud.

I moved her to a separate medium box for now and she’s eating and drinking like normal except she can’t stand up no more. it’s odd and really sad because last night she seems to be fine walking.

I put fluffs of pine shaves to support her and be comfortable. I hope and pray she survives.
Are you feeding them treats?
If so what kind.

Can you take a short clear video of this chick real quick and upload it to Youtube?

I don’t give them treats, I tried watermelon and apples in small pieces also basil but they just ignored it.
Are these three chicks your only birds or do you have older birds too?

I have 3 older ones about 7weeks old but they’ve been in my basement in their coop to transition move to the outside coop.
Can you take a few clear pictures of their cage and fresh poop?

Her poop is normal, no blood, although she keeps on standing up
Hi Kiki, I’m sorry for the delay. I will take picture later and share.

She eats and poop normal, no blood and not watery.

She eats a lot in fact. I put vet wrap in her legs she moves them but can’t stand on them. I made her sling sort of bed from soft towel and still give her some breaks though I catch her most times just laying on her side and sleeping comfortably in it.

I massage her legs and feet every morning and before bedtime.

I will make her therapy chair this weekend. I also got her Rooster booster B-12 and nutri drench still helping her. Boy she eats and poop a lot and she purrs when I pet her. I love her so and will do everything I can to help her be comfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_7039.jpeg
    IMG_7039.jpeg
    707.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7038.jpeg
    IMG_7038.jpeg
    679.6 KB · Views: 13
Her poop is normal, no blood, although she keeps on standing up

Hi Kiki, I’m sorry for the delay. I will take picture later and share.

She eats and poop normal, no blood and not watery.

She eats a lot in fact. I put vet wrap in her legs she moves them but can’t stand on them. I made her sling sort of bed from soft towel and still give her some breaks though I catch her most times just laying on her side and sleeping comfortably in it.

I massage her legs and feet every morning and before bedtime.

I will make her therapy chair this weekend. I also got her Rooster booster B-12 and nutri drench still helping her. Boy she eats and poop a lot and she purrs when I pet her. I love her so and will do everything I can to help her be comfortable.
Hi @Kiki here’s a picture of her poop, do they look normal to you? She eats and drink all the time 😅

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom