Well, after cleaning thier "dog crate coop-brooder" I once again needed to raise the chick feeder a bit higher to keep it clean. Well I used this and seeing as they only have another two weeks before they get kicked into the big coop, I figured this would be a nice way to raise the feeder up. I cut a large coffee can in half and it slipped right under the lip of the chick feeder. I added a few dabs of crazy glue to keep it from falling off too. The girls are four weeks old now, two BR's and four BO's. Nice and clean, no sharp edges at all. BTW... the feeder is not that deep, the original bottom is still on it.