4 Week Old Easter Egger- What Gender?

MollyPdx

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2018
View attachment 1337229 Hello! I brought home 4 2 day old chicks 4 weeks ago and I am a little worried my favorite chick the easter egger Connie is a boy. She's the largest of my chicks and her legs/feet seem to be thicker than the rest as well. Any guesses on the gender of this chick?

Attachments

• L65aBkt+QvCraH0eWdi11A.jpg
    L65aBkt+QvCraH0eWdi11A.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 296
  • NNw6AngBRGeUXOgubJIfjA.jpg
    NNw6AngBRGeUXOgubJIfjA.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 259
Keep an eye on them, but both of the ones in those pics that are lightish with red, are probably cockerels. Red over the wings especially is a cockerel trait.
The other red one is a sex link cinnamon queen so I'm pretty certain she is a hen :)

OMG, I am having the sam issue. This is my 3 week old EE, Regina. Waaayyy bigger than all the other chicks I got, waaayyy thiscker legs, red on the wings and kind of an a#@hole. I thought "she" was just asserting herself as the lead hen but now I am not so sure. This is not my favorite chick, the opposite. Always pecks me when I go in to say hi, all the other chicks run up to me and wait their turn for scratches and hugs. My other chicks are a BA, BR, SS and another darker EE.
30629154_1872087989468690_7941955440147955712_n.jpg

OMG, I am having the sam issue. This is my 3 week old EE, Regina. Waaayyy bigger than all the other chicks I got, waaayyy thiscker legs, red on the wings and kind of an a#@hole. I thought "she" was just asserting herself as the lead hen but now I am not so sure. This is not my favorite chick, the opposite. Always pecks me when I go in to say hi, all the other chicks run up to me and wait their turn for scratches and hugs. My other chicks are a BA, BR, SS and another darker EE.View attachment 1337261
ooh yours has much more of a defined comb than mine...hmmmm. They look similar though, mine has been the friendliest and easiest to handle of the bunch since I brought them home.

Back
Top Bottom