4 week old from Meyer Rare Breed Assortment

Yeah, I thought the chicks of WJG chicks would be a little grayish, but I saw Hoover hatchery had a picture posted of one that was pretty white. I’m really interested what it turns out to be, I can’t think of anything else that would be white with the slate colored legs.

Six week update time! :bun

I definitely think this cutie is a hybrid but have no idea of parentage.
I also think it may be a roo with the comb coloring and slow feathering. It is also feisty and likes to be right in the thick of things with the adult hens.

Anyone have any new ideas on the breeds that went into this chick? Some pics have other chicks in for scale and feathering reference.

4.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Was White Australorp or Orpington an option?
It does look like a White Australorp, but Meyer doesn't sell that breed. They do, however, sell an Austra White which is a Black Australorp roo over a White Leghorn hen. That wasn't meant to be an option of the assortment and it didn't look like the photos of the baby chicks I could find but maybe that's the answer :idunno
Do the updated photos give you any new clues?

Here are some pics from today. She is 7 weeks and 1 day old. Her head area isn't pure white anymore and she mayyyy be developing the odd bit of blue here and there or she may just be dirty from a dustbath :hmm

Any new guesses on what breed this is?

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

Back
Top Bottom