4 week old Pekin with a dirty wet butt...

NinaDucks

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2020
She hasnt ever been as stable standing as the other females, and I have been relentless about niacin for her. She used to back up to poop, but stopped that about 2 weeks ago.

Feeding crumbles and Brewers yeast, plus Durvet and niacin, daily free range, and daily bath time. Her beak isn't as orange as the other, if that matters.

Should I be concerned about this?

NinaDucks

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2020
She walks just fine, not bowlegged, just like the others, but sits down a lot more. She now won't take peas with Durvet so I need to mix it with something else. Got ideas? I can take a picture of her chest and butt, but it's just moderately dirty as I just bathed them and they've been out in the grass and she doesn't ever get completely clean, even when I rub gently all the undersides.

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
If she is sitting down more that is probably why she is getting a dirty butt. Try meal worms with the Durvet over or chopped tomatoes. mealworms are a big hit here. and you can give it orally too.

NinaDucks

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2020
IMG_20200527_154156157.jpg

Birdie mom

Songster
Mar 27, 2020
Fayetteville NC
She hasnt ever been as stable standing as the other females, and I have been relentless about niacin for her. She used to back up to poop, but stopped that about 2 weeks ago.

Feeding crumbles and Brewers yeast, plus Durvet and niacin, daily free range, and daily bath time. Her beak isn't as orange as the other, if that matters.

Should I be concerned about this?
Make sure that her butt remains clean enough so that she can still poop. I recently has a chick die because her vent got clogged up. But is sounds like you are doing all the right things👍🏻.

Top Bottom