4 week old Silverudd Blues - what genders do we have here?

PNW keeper

Chirping
Mar 29, 2022
I need help sexing my Silverudd Blue chicks. I have 3 of them about 4 weeks old. Initially, I thought it was pretty clear when I noticed 1 chick was significantly larger than the other two. While that size difference is still there, I'm second guessing my thoughts. What do you all think? Weights are also included with the images.

They all came from the same hatch. Chick 1 - Blue has been bigger from the start, earliest and most feather development, but it's comb is actually the smallest and darkest of the bunch.

1 - Blue
Silverudd 1 copy.jpg

2 - Pepper
Silverudd 3 copy.jpg

3 - Penny
Silverudd 2 copy.jpg

I need help sexing my Silverudd Blue chicks. I have 3 of them about 4 weeks old. Initially, I thought it was pretty clear when I noticed 1 chick was significantly larger than the other two. While that size difference is still there, I'm second guessing my thoughts. What do you all think? Weights are also included with the images.

They all came from the same hatch. Chick 1 - Blue has been bigger from the start, earliest and most feather development, but it's comb is actually the smallest and darkest of the bunch.

1 - Blue
View attachment 3414914

2 - Pepper
View attachment 3414916

3 - Penny
View attachment 3414915
I would say Blue is a pullet, Pepper is a cockerel, Penny is a pullet. I'm guessing based on those very pink spots at the edges of peppers beak, that will become his wattle, and his big ole feet!

Back
Top Bottom