4 week old suddenly dead with white stuff coming out of vent??

Megalodon

Chirping
Sep 11, 2021
Hi guys,

my little 4 week old BR chick has just died suddenly, and when i lifted him up, white/ black stuff came out of his vent. He has always been undersized, and he couldn’t really eat or drink by himself, I dont know why I fed him for so long.
image.jpg

The brooder temperature was about 27 degrees Celsius, does anyone know what could have happened?

i mean I understand he probably wasn’t meant to have survived at all, but i would still like to know the possible reasons for his death.

thank you all

Sometimes you can send the body to the state vet lab for a necropsy to find a cause of death, if you are in the US. The body should be kept cold until you could take them in. It may have had some internal organ failure or failure to thrive issue. Very sorry for your loss.

Sorry about your chick. :hugs I believe the white stuff is normal for death. Some chicks I had would throw up and poop as they die. Not sure on why your chick died, but I would guess failure to thrive or something like that. I’ve had some make it that long and then suddenly just have problems with growth and keeping themselves healthy. I’m no expert on these sorts of things though. Just speaking from experience.😉

Back
Top Bottom