4 weeks old today

Larry in Hawaii

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2015
Big Island, Hawaii
Well time sure has flown by (couldn't help myself). The girls are one old today.. black stars and leghorns. All have been kept inside. These are the first chicks we have had...have other hens but were grown when we got them a few years ago. So from looking at them, can someone tell me if their feathers are growning good enough and how much longer should they be kept in their cage. Splitting them up today into another cage for more room. Coop and run is ready but are the girls.

The black one with spots looks so much different that the others...the brown one was the free chick and not sure what she is. They were purchased from Murray McMurray and were supposed to be sexed.

Well time sure has flown by (couldn't help myself). The girls are one old today.. black stars and leghorns. All have been kept inside. These are the first chicks we have had...have other hens but were grown when we got them a few years ago. So from looking at them, can someone tell me if their feathers are growning good enough and how much longer should they be kept in their cage. Splitting them up today into another cage for more room. Coop and run is ready but are the girls. The black one with spots looks so much different that the others...the brown one was the free chick and not sure what she is. They were purchased from Murray McMurray and were supposed to be sexed.
Just put mine out also from McMurry 4 weeks old temps during day here are in the 90s and at night not going much lower then70 when I ordered I planned it this way they should be fine I have heat lamp at night to be sure

I have 4 4 week old chicks and they look about the same as yours. They are not in their prettiest phase right now, part fluff and part feathers. lol. I plan on moving them out hopefully by the end of the week. I've been putting the heat lamp a little further away every day or two to wean them off the heat.

Back
Top Bottom