42 guinea eggs in the incubator.

NightHawk123

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 21, 2012
shelby, north carolina
Hoping to have a good hatch. If it is a good hatch we plan on Selling a good many of them. We are located in Shelby NC. Our birds are our hobby so we aren't trying to make any money off them. Just recoup some of the expense. All are pearl.

Wow, that's a butt load of guineas for sure. Hope they all hatch out successfully. That's a lot of noise once they get older...lol I find keets so adorable after a hatch and am amazed how fast they can move at such an early age.You should be pretty much bug free with the additions happening.

I am presently waiting for a few guinea hens myself from a local breeder. People bought up all my females last year and now have just 2 males lookin for lovin...Soon I hope.. Have fun with the hatch. I am jealous with envy... :) Steve

LOL @ butt load!
gig.gif

hi, I'm new to guineas and just put 24 in the incubator yesterday, anything special I need to know? Temp 99-100 in a still air. I've read it officially takes 28 days but everyone seems to think 26 is more the norm. So when should lockdown be? I was thinking about putting some chicken eggs in after a week so they'll all hatch together, but should I count on 26 or 28 days for the guineas? I've also read the guineas need a little more humidity... Any help would be appreciated.

hi, I'm new to guineas and just put 24 in the incubator yesterday, anything special I need to know? Temp 99-100 in a still air. I've read it officially takes 28 days but everyone seems to think 26 is more the norm. So when should lockdown be? I was thinking about putting some chicken eggs in after a week so they'll all hatch together, but should I count on 26 or 28 days for the guineas? I've also read the guineas need a little more humidity... Any help would be appreciated.

I believe that the incubating temperature for a still air incubator should be 100.5° to 101.5° measured at the top of the egg. The 99.5° to 100.0° is the setting for a forced air incubator.

Please see the following thread for guinea incubating tips.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/759166/questions-about-incubating-guinea-fowl-eggs

R2 is right on. Your idea of putting chicken eggs in later is fine. We have had guinea eggs hatch at day 25 all the up to day 32. I'm sure others have had more or less days. Humidity is a bit higher for guineas. I start my lock down around day 22. It really depends on how long your incubator can hold humidity tho.I don't start lock down if I know I'll have to add water before they pip. I also take the egg turner out at that time. This is just what works for us. Many here also know much more than I do and may have better advice.

Back
Top Bottom