48 hrs after first hatch

48 hrs after first hatch and we are still waiting for a few stragglers to hatch some have piped that are left in the bator one has hatched we had to open it op to remove the ones that have hatched we have a total of 134 hatched out of 147 so far there are more that may hatch but i don't have a lot of hope for them 7 out of 8 guinea and out of 36 bcm eggs we are still waiting on 7 to hatch but all in all this was a fun hatch I am glad it is over i have never been so stressed out and at the same time i cant wait tell my next hatch on the 1st

72416_after.jpg

72416_after1.jpg

72416_after5.jpg

72416_after2.jpg

72416_after3.jpg

72416_after4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, congrats! That's an awesome hatch I would say! I can't imagine having that many babies all at once, my 30 was enough for me to deal with! Hahaha!

Dallas206.. I am on day 24 and woke this morning to a new chick, a zip and a pip..
wee.gif
I had planned to clean out the incubator today for some more eggs to go in.. a nice Christmas surprise.

Love all of your fuzzy butts.. I have 16 in the brooder and they are a handful.. can't imagine over 100.. congrats!!!
jumpy.gif

Shelly

Quote:
Are those styrofoam egg cartons that they are in? Do you punch holes in the bottom for air circulation? I tried to use cardboard ones and that was a disaster. I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to use styrofoam cartons.

I use cardboard from when I use to breed crickets. I have had 0 issues with it yet. I have had all egg hatch that were due today and some starting for tomorrow.

Oh, and I really like that incubator, what kind is it? I have a huge, old comercial napco incubator that could hold hundreds of eggs just cant figure out how to work it since I have no manule. I am affriad the thermostate waffer is broken. It somewhat works when i put a small fan in it but it is still to touchy when the room gose down even 4 degrees.

Last edited:
Quote:
Are those styrofoam egg cartons that they are in? Do you punch holes in the bottom for air circulation? I tried to use cardboard ones and that was a disaster. I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to use styrofoam cartons.

I use cardboard from when I use to breed crickets. I have had 0 issues with it yet. I have had all egg hatch that were due today and some starting for tomorrow.

Oh, and I really like that incubator, what kind is it? I have a huge, old comercial napco incubator that could hold hundreds of eggs just cant figure out how to work it since I have no manule. I am affriad the thermostate waffer is broken. It somewhat works when i put a small fan in it but it is still to touchy when the room gose down even 4 degrees.

one of them is a gqf 1202a the other is a home made that i built but i built it using GQF parts
If you wanted to fix the one you have i would use a 3255 Deluxe Multi-Turn Electronic Thermostat with plug from GQF they work great to replace the waffer a little pricey but worth the money

Back
Top Bottom