1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

4th Annual Rocky Mountain Chickenstock May 2, 2015

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by thebirdguy, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Grey Bird Farm

Grey Bird Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Northern Utah
    Yay! I will 100% be in attendance this year.. finally!!

1 person likes this.
  2. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Will there be Indian runner ducks for sale?

3. Kalalyn21

Kalalyn21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2012
    Freedom, ID
    Got it on my calendar!! Can't wait

4. Silseb

Silseb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2012
    About how many birds are you expecting to be in the show? Based on last year perhaps.

5. Silseb

Silseb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2012
    Also I see you are the same weekend as the show in Hamilton,Mt, do you expect that to affect your entries? Thanks

6. TheChickenQueen

TheChickenQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2014
    Eastern Idaho
    I better mark the calendar.

7. thebirdguy

thebirdguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Idaho Falls
    The show is a new addition to the event, probably a dozen birds last year... Hopefully that will grow this year... I expect 1000 people this year with the new location.

This is the 4th year for the Rocky Mountain Chickenstock. It is always the first Saturday of May... There are always many events across the country on the same day no matter when you schedule something.. people always go to what they want to. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. iPickYupik

iPickYupik Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2015
    Logan, UT
    I'm really hoping to be there! Do we need to pre register at all? There maybe a few chickens I'm looking for by then. :)

9. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    YaaaY! Glad you can come!

10. thebirdguy

thebirdguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Idaho Falls
    Ok... Updates...

We will have Texas Roadhouse providing food at the event.. YUM!!

We will have new and more prizes for the poultry show.

To comply with State Sales tax requirements, sales will run through CAL Ranch so purchases can be made with credit cards or checks as well as cash.. YEA!!!

If you want to bring birds or anything else for sale, I need you to contact me for details and to reserve your space.. send me a PM with your email address and I will get it all to you.

Nutrena and CAL are pulling out the stops on the advertising this year so I expect we could easily have more than 1000 in attendance this year... It's going to be great!!!

Candlewood Suites is giving us a special price of $59.99 again this year for our out of town guests.. Just call 208-525-9800 to book and you just need to ask for the Chickenstock rate of $59.99.. Or you can book from the website and then call the hotel directly and they will change the rate for you. http://www.candlewoodsuites.com/idahofallsid This great hotel is right on the beautiful Snake River and they don't mind chickens in the rooms!! We even had an egg left last year under a bed as a gift to housekeeping... LOL. Come on over and make a weekend of it!!

I do have a few rooms I can give you for $50 if you contact me direct.

Any questions, send me a PM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by