1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 Easter Ducks need them to go

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by whatsup chickenbutt, May 11, 2009.

1. whatsup chickenbutt

whatsup chickenbutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    this was on a local poultry add website. what a suprise..... [​IMG]

===============

5 Easter Ducks need them to go. Free to good home.
    Herriman, UT 84096 - May 10, 2009
    We bought 5 ducks for Easter and have decided it is not our thing. 8 weeks old living outside for 1 week. Must go ASAP. Please call or email soon.

===============

2. Lovely... [​IMG] Poor ducks, I bet they were "so cute" when they first arrived.

3. starryeyes

starryeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    [​IMG] GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I hate that poor babies. I adore all my ducks . Some people are just ignorant. Why did she not research them so sad.

4. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    i have to say... i'm waiting for everyone who ran right out and bought a bunch of chicks thinking it would be easy to figure out that its actually work (really!?!??!wow).... heh heh heh.. i'm just waitin.. i figure i'll just drive around in my big truck and scoop up all the freebies....

hee hee hee

you cant imagine all the folks who have said 'oh i should get chickens' but are afraid of the poo or whatever.... silly gooses.

oh geez.... well its too bad. hopefully someone with experience got them.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    me, myself believe that if we all 'rescue' or 'adopt' these little birds, we ENCOURAGE people to use animals as temporary or like toys.

while i don't want to see them mistreated or perish, i don't want to feed the monster so to speak.

it's a shame.

6. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

Would love to take. Cant get any more until I get a turkey for my dad. He said no more unless I get a turkey for thanksgiving.[​IMG]

7. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    while I don't want to encourage them either, at least these folks have the good sense (now) to realize their error and try to find a home for the animals, rather than abandon them or fail to care for them. hopefully they won't be making that error again in the future.

we've all started something that seemed like a good idea at the time, only to learn it wasn't our thing. certainly I have... although I try not to involve living creatures. anyway, I'd far rather see them at least get a shot at a good home than stay where they are.

8. DuckiesPLZ

DuckiesPLZ Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2011
    This kind of stuff is just cruel. >:L I know people who have gotten chicks and ducks for easter, but they got them because they live on farms and have the stuff to take care of them and aren't gonna abandon them. and its a shame to say most people don't want 8 week old ducks. RAWR I DISLIKE PEOPLE SOMETIMES. O_O; After the movie 101 dalmations came out, everyone bought a dalmation. and then realized they're hyper dogs and abandoned/got rid of them =_=;

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    This thread is more than 2 years old, hope they figured it out a long time ago! [​IMG]

10. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Quote:ah, a post that's back from the dead...
    funny I never read the date if its near the top of the index... D'OH! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by