11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Finally, 6 hens and 5 eggs today!
wee.gif

Quote:
I have no clue
lau.gif
. Seriously though, we bought them on 8/22 from a free range farm - it was catch and grab - these birds were running all over the place. One was laying right away, and now it seems all but one is. We actually thought the turken was only about 3 months old and it turned out she was the first one to lay!

Debraraymond,

That is exciting. I can't wait until I am getting 10 or more egss a day. I have 14 layers born 5-6-08 and we are getting 5 or 6 a day. I know the daylight thing and the weather slow them down. I have decided not to add extra light and since there are only 2 of us here 5 or 6 a day should be plenty.

I average 4 eggs daily from pullets and about once a week I get 5 eggs in a day. All but one is laying and I am really wondering about her. She really doesn't have a comb and her wattles are just really getting formed. They are all from mid May and from the local fam supply sore.

Quote:
I thought up until the day before yesterday that only the RIR were laying which 6 eggs out of 8 hens is not bad. But my husband saw a BR in the nest day before yesterday and that day I got an egg that was almost white. According the the egg chart that dancingbear posted:
http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html#p

BR's lay a lighter egg. SO I think it was her.

I love with the pullets never knowing what color, size or shape egg you are going to get. Add to the fun of the egg hunt.

Back
Top Bottom