5 eggs, 4 chickens?

EmeraldSkye

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 1, 2013
San Jose, California
This morning my husband found and removed 2 rubber eggs from the coop, under the roost. And then collected the giant egg you see in this picture. I then collected the 2 normal eggs soon in the pic. But we only have 4 chickens. Can a chicken lay two rubber eggs at once?

I suppose there's a chance the humongous egg *could* have been laid late yesterday.

We have two chickens that lay green eggs, one that lays "regular" brown eggs, and one that lays dark brown eggs. I'm pretty sure the one who laid the large egg is "Lucille" and the regular green egg is from "Squirrel". But that's a guess based on the smoothness of the egg. Lucille tends to lay eggs with bumps on them while Squirrel's are smooth. All 4 have been laying 3-4 weeks now and are about 6 1/2 months old.

They are new layers so their schedule isn't completely set yet. It is nothing to worry about as long as it isn't happening often. The shelled egg would have come first then the rubber egg. She just dropped the rubber egg before it had time to have the shell added.

Back
Top Bottom