5 eggs but two a few days behind!

Mamapermaculture

Chirping
May 19, 2021
Hi!
I've got 5 eggs in the incubator. They were given to me by my friend's daughter. 3 eggs are at day 10 or 11 in development. The other two are behind at day 7.
When I was given the eggs, I didn't think it would work out anyway, but now I'm running into a bit of a problem...
Any advice greatly appreciated :)

The problem is, that I'll have to put the eggs into lockdown at day 18. But the two eggs that are behind in development, won't be ready for lockdown at the same time...they'd still need 3 or 4 days in the turner...

Could I put the eggs that are behind into lockdown with the others, and keep on turning them manually?

The problem is, that I'll have to put the eggs into lockdown at day 18. But the two eggs that are behind in development, won't be ready for lockdown at the same time...they'd still need 3 or 4 days in the turner...

Could I put the eggs that are behind into lockdown with the others, and keep on turning them manually?
Just keep turning them as you can, hunt master gave you good advice.

Hi!
I've got 5 eggs in the incubator. They were given to me by my friend's daughter. 3 eggs are at day 10 or 11 in development. The other two are behind at day 7.
When I was given the eggs, I didn't think it would work out anyway, but now I'm running into a bit of a problem...
Any advice greatly appreciated :)
I havent done chicken eggs, but my two duck eggs were four days apart, so it was lockdown 4 days early for the younger one- and she was fine!
Came a few days late, I think that was partially due to the early lockdown/high humidity slowing things a bit- and due to temp- but she was fine none the less.
I wouldnt worry, you could let lockdown ride as normal, or keep turning the younger eggs by hand and keep humidity lower UNTIL the older eggs internal pip, then bump the humidity up and leave the incubator shut. It's up to you but I think you'll be fine either way 😊

Back
Top Bottom