5 eggs haven't hatched

babychicks710

Hatching
Aug 9, 2022
Dallas, TX
My personal first time hatching eggs using the GQF incubator. I've been checking on the eggs and wondering why they haven't hatched and i checked the humidity and it was bone dry!!! It was no longer than 24 hours confirmed. Just wondering what to do with my remaining eggs but humidity is back up and running

edit to add that hatch date was suppose to be monday, maybe yesterday. 1 hatched Friday, then saturday, and the other two back to back on Sunday morning... I have 5 eggs left and was getting to the point if I should screw holes in them so they don't suffocate but I was told to be patient and leave them be.... again newbie so any advice

Last edited:
My personal first time hatching eggs using the GQF incubator. I've been checking on the eggs and wondering why they haven't hatched and i checked the humidity and it was bone dry!!! It was no longer than 24 hours confirmed. Just wondering what to do with my remaining eggs but humidity is back up and running

edit to add that hatch date was suppose to be monday, maybe yesterday. 1 hatched Friday, then saturday, and the other two back to back on Sunday morning... I have 5 eggs left and was getting to the point if I should screw holes in them so they don't suffocate but I was told to be patient and leave them be.... again newbie so any advice
Personally, I would assume that the remaining eggs are dead. It would be very unusual to have living eggs take that many days longer than the others.

You can try candling to watch for movement, or float them in water the same temp as the incubator and look for movement, or sometimes I poke a small hole in the air cell and look inside.

Back
Top Bottom