5 Roosters, who has to go?

minionmom22

In the Brooder
Jan 23, 2023
We got 8 chicks which were our very first group of chickens. However we ended up with 5 roosters and are struggling with who to get rid of. Our daughter gets very emotional when we discuss needing to remove some of the roosters! Oh, I will not kill any of them myself nor have it done for me and have them returned to eat. I just can't do it!

We got 8 chicks which were our very first group of chickens. However we ended up with 5 roosters and are struggling with who to get rid of. Our daughter gets very emotional when we discuss needing to remove some of the roosters! Oh, I will not kill any of them myself nor have it done for me and have them returned to eat. I just can't do it!
Welcome to BYC!
How old are they? If they are still young, then it might take a while for their temperaments to settle down, and you don't want to keep one which is going to be attacking you or anyone.
Its totally fine to not want to eat them, (I know my own limitations) but if you give them away you need to understand that they may get eaten by someone else.

Back
Top Bottom