5 Week ducklings not eating feed

It is funny because my ducks would only eat mash. After their starter mash I tried to feed them scratch and they never took it, so I just stuck with the mash
tongue2.gif

The ducks ate 7 cups yesterday!
wee.gif

I starting changing 3 things at once so I am not sure what did it for them. I know better than to change 3 variables at once, my undergrad research professor would not be proud. But they're eating!

So two days ago I put two bowls out and that helped them eat more. Then yesterday I ground the 22% feed and started mixing the new 16% pellets. The new pellets are smaller, about 1/3 inch long. They had gobbled all their food up when I came out this morning.

Some of the poo is a clayish brown and some of their poo is more grey looking, and then sometimes the white parts. It looks healthy to me.

I brought them in for a bath last night and attempted at taking some pictures. Once I figure out how to upload and post, I will do so!

The ducks ate 7 cups yesterday!
wee.gif

I starting changing 3 things at once so I am not sure what did it for them. I know better than to change 3 variables at once, my undergrad research professor would not be proud. But they're eating!

So two days ago I put two bowls out and that helped them eat more. Then yesterday I ground the 22% feed and started mixing the new 16% pellets. The new pellets are smaller, about 1/3 inch long. They had gobbled all their food up when I came out this morning.

Some of the poo is a clayish brown and some of their poo is more grey looking, and then sometimes the white parts. It looks healthy to me.

I brought them in for a bath last night and attempted at taking some pictures. Once I figure out how to upload and post, I will do so!

pop.gif

Okay, here's some pics! The first is when they were 2 weeks old, I think. They have always loved bath time! I have 2 Khaki Campbells, 2 Golden 300 Hybrids, and 1 White Layer. I got all of them from Metzer.

Back
Top Bottom