1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 week old chick can't walk! Help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by slaird61, Nov 29, 2010.

1. slaird61

slaird61 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2010
    I received 15 chicks (day old) from Ideal 5 weeks ago. They have been completely healthy and normal for 5 weeks but now one of my orpingtons can't walk. She can stand and grip my fingers with her feet but she falls over when she tries to walk. She was normal a couple of days ago. What could be wrong with her and what should I do? She is still eating and drinking but am having to bring the food and water to her. The chicks are on a chick starter/grower diet with 20% protein. It is commercial but is not medicated. The other chicks look fine though they look a little "rough". I'm thinking the roughness is just because they are growing chicks. What do you all think and what can I do? [​IMG] Please help fast!

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Is she still sick?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by