5 week old EE- rooster?

He won't let me near him. He WILL let me pet him when they are all huddle up for the night in the coop. But he doesn't "like"it. LOL!!!!!

Keeping his distance from you is a GOOD thing; getting close, staring at you, 'interacting' with you, easily turns into bad cockrel behavior with humans. Move 'through' him, not around, and aim for respect, not cuddles. Mary

Keeping his distance from you is a GOOD thing; getting close, staring at you, 'interacting' with you, easily turns into bad cockrel behavior with humans. Move 'through' him, not around, and aim for respect, not cuddles. Mary

Did NOT know that! Thank you so much. I usually do keep my distance. I've had to catch him only once to get him into the coop a couple of weeks ago, but the hens now follow HIM into the coop. He seems to be emerging as the "leader." I like him, I hope once he starts crowing my neighbors won't complain:( They all have loud dogs and I never complain, so I would hope that they would take that into consideration....

well, you were all definitely right. Crowing all morning long. And now he will get in my lap and stare me down. Will also jump on my shoulders and bite my hair. I love him though. He's awesome.

Any suggestions if he gets out of hand?

well, you were all definitely right. Crowing all morning long. And now he will get in my lap and stare me down. Will also jump on my shoulders and bite my hair. I love him though. He's awesome.

Any suggestions if he gets out of hand?

He's already getting out of hand if he's jumping on your lap, staring you down, and jumping on your shoulder. The higher he gets, the more dominant he thinks he is. At this point, he needs to start respecting your space. Do not let him jump on you when ever he wants to. Walk through him, not around him. He needs to learn to get out of your way.

If I where you I would suppress any bad behavior let him know your boss but i always handle my rosters a lot and have no aggressive ones

Back
Top Bottom