1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 White Plymoth Rock Hens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JonBoyWhat, May 11, 2011.

1. JonBoyWhat

JonBoyWhat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2011
    Plant City Florida
    I was hoping I could confirm the sex and breed. 5 WPR Hens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    They look quite odd for White Rocks but if they are from a Hatchery I guess anything is possible!

VERY PRETTY!

3. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    they kind of look like my cornish x chicks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JonBoyWhat

Apr 18, 2011
    Plant City Florida
    I am sorry I failed to mention they are 5 weeks old. I purchased them from a local feed store, they said they came from cackle hatchery.

5. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:I got mine from the local feed store also mine are about 5 weeks old also

What day did you get them? I think I got mine the 20th of April. so mine are maybe 4 and 1/2 weeks old not sure how long they was at the feed store though.

Can you get a picture of their legs, I was told mine were white leg horns at first till I showed them here on BYC they told me they ar Cornish x

6. JonBoyWhat

Apr 18, 2011
    Plant City Florida
    here is a few pics ty for your reply.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. captainmom

captainmom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    Centralia IL
    Yes, they look like hatchery white rock chicks. I have had them before, they look like a dirty/sooty white color, especially the head. They may be too young to sex at this time. I have found that by 7 weeks or so my white rock cockerels will show their red/big comb. If it stays pale they should be pullets. Of course, thats just what I have noticed. Again I am by far no expert. Keep us posted as they grow!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by