50% hatched so far

Tbrad

Chirping
Jul 20, 2022
So we had 5 incubators with 8-9 eggs in each (started with 10 and removed unfertile/undeveloped eggs after candling)
ALL eggs hatched in 3 of them but about half in 2 haven't pipped/hatched as of yet. 1 unfortunately didn't make it bc 1. It pipped at the bottom of the egg and since they were sitting in an egg carton we couldn't see and 2. other hatched chicks were laying on top of eggs so it prevented it from being able to get out. It was also a naked neck which is the only one of that breed so far and am unsure if that's why

Today is day 21. We carefully removed the already hatched chicks making sure humidity and temp wasn't affected as they have been hatched over 24 hours due to prevent the above issue from happening again

At what point do we determine the remaining eggs are not going to make it so that we can crack and determine the cause?

It is difficult to achieve identical conditions in 5 different incubators. But it sounds like you have done so. Apparently they have been hatching apace. I would call it at 23 days.

Is there a reason they were left in the egg cartons for hatch ?
I have heard of people doing it for incubation but not hatching
Congrats on the babies so far
Pictures would be good as here we love ti see babies :).
This is our first time and I didn't read anything about taking them out. The remaining eggs haven't pipped yet and they were placed air cell side up. We marked the progress of the air cells both times we candled.

We have 34 eggs that hatched and are thriving well. One looks like it hatched with an organ on the outside. My SO says it's the yolk that hasn't absorbed but it doesn't seem like it has gotten smaller.

Here are the ones so far

Attachments

• 20221126_124411.jpg
    20221126_124411.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 7
This is our first time and I didn't read anything about taking them out. The remaining eggs haven't pipped yet and they were placed air cell side up. We marked the progress of the air cells both times we candled.

Here are the ones so far
They are amazing
Thanks for the pictures
Usually at lockdown you remove them from cartons or upright turners and place laying down
They can get in the wrong position to hatch and this way it gives them the best chance to still hatch

Here are the ones so far
Your going to need more space for them.

It is difficult to achieve identical conditions in 5 different incubators. But it sounds like you have done so. Apparently they have been hatching apace. I would call it at 23 days.
Okay. Thank you!
They are amazing
Thanks for the pictures
Usually at lockdown you remove them from cartons or upright turners and place laying down
They can get in the wrong position to hatch and this way it gives them the best chance to still hatch
Is it too late to move the ones remaining? Also, is this the yolk or and organ developed on the outside?

Attachments

• 20221126_163234.jpg
    20221126_163234.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 7
Okay. Thank you!

Is it too late to move the ones remaining? Also, is this the yolk or and organ developed on the outside?
The chick hasn't absorbed the yolk. If you remove the chick, you need to place it in a different brooder to prevent your older chicks from pecking at it.

The chick hasn't absorbed the yolk. If you remove the chick, you need to place it in a different brooder to prevent your older chicks from pecking at it.
That's why I pulled them out early while the other eggs hadn't hatched. They already were trying to peck at it. I have it separated currently until its stronger

Back
Top Bottom