52 Week Money Challenge. Who wants to join in?

I put in my $2, no biggie. Im scared for when i have to put in $20+ a week, i may not be able to do this 

You can do it. Even if you don't have the $20.00 for the week, just put in what you can. Even if it's $2.00 or $3.00. Don't let the amount scare you away from the challenge. We are in this together til the end. We will push through the big dollar amounts anyway. Ok? At the end of the challenge it's all about saving. :)

I can put at least up to 10 a week, lol the rest is spent on chicken feed :)

That's a great amount to save. I know about the price of chicken feed. :/

Just a comment. According to financial planners and advisors, the important thing with any savings plan, in order for it to be successful, you must PAY YOURSELF FIRST. If you pay yourself last, it will never happen. Ask me how I know this. If you pay yourself first, and pretend like the savings account doesn't exist, you would be amazed how you can come up with the money for necessities. This is one time it doesn't pay to overthink. Just do it.

Just a comment. According to financial planners and advisors, the important thing with any savings plan, in order for it to be successful, you must  PAY YOURSELF FIRST.  If you pay yourself last, it will never happen.  Ask me how I know this.  If you pay yourself first, and pretend like the savings account doesn't exist, you would be amazed how you can come up with the money for necessities.  This is one time it doesn't pay to overthink.  Just do it.

You're so right.

Well my friend isn't even going to try.She is already looking forward to week 52 saying she could never put that aside.Seriously?Oh well. I don't think putting away will be hard for me,but not touching it will be real hard.

Well my friend isn't even going to try.She is already looking forward to week 52 saying she could never put that aside.Seriously?Oh well. I don't think putting away will be hard for me,but not touching it will be real hard.

Oh well. At least you tried. She will see your rewards at the end. I thought that I may have the same problem as far as not touching it, so I purchased a VERY cheap piggy bank that has no way to open. Once the money is in there, the only way to get it out is to break it open and I knew that I wasn't going to do that. So, there is no way that I can access it without taking a hammer to it.

I made my $3.00 deposit for week 3 this morning. I had a lot of loose change in the bottom of my purse, so that covered this week's tab. Anyone else?

I made my contribution this morning. I have a decorative cookie tin I put the money in. I don't use change though. That goes in a jar for small emergencies and to buy stamps, etc.

I made a nice chart that gives the amount and date that the money is due. I was real proud of myself until I realized my year had 53 weeks. I started it on 1/1 rather than 1/7. So now I will have $53 more at the end of the year than expected. I can deal with that. I am leaving the chart the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom