52 Week Money Challenge. Who wants to join in?

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
I saw this online and thought that this was great challenge. I have already deposited my $1.00 in my piggy bank. Let's see how far we can get on this 52 week money challenge. Anyone else want to join in?

We can post when we have made our weekly deposit? Even if you can't deposit the entire amount as we get higher into the numbered weeks, you could possibly deposit a little something. Let's give it a try. :)

http://www.allthingsmw.com/52-week-money-challenge/

52 Week Money Challenge
Community, Education, Personal by Martin Williams
Happy New Year! I hope you are excited about all the fabulous and amazing things that’s going to happen for you this year! You know my motto…Speak over yourself! Expect the great and put the work in! I wanted to share something that I found on Facebook. Kossandra Moreland of Union City, California shared this amazing savings plan and idea for her friends. Now I’m not sure who the original author is of this plan but it has gone viral and being shared all over social media.

One of my goals this year, sidebar: you see I said “goals” and not resolutions was to come up with a personal savings plan. Now I already put one in place through my bank, but this one right here I saw and think its just absolutely fun to do and something that everyone can join in on.

It’s called the 52 Week Money Challenge Plan. For example, there are 52 weeks in a year. So each week you deposit the number of the week that were in a savings account. For example this is the 1st week of 2013, so you will deposit $1.00 into your savings account. Next week will be Week 2, so you will deposit $2, and so on. The biggest amount you will deposit is $52.00 and that will be the very last week of 2013. Now isn’t that simple and easy?! There’s no club to join, no pyramids, meetings, schemes, none of that crap that “Ain’t Nobody Got Time For”! You are investing in yourself! I’m going to do it and I’m excited about. This is the year where we have to put the time and work in so that we can have different results. I don’t want to get to the end of this year and can’t see, feel, or be the change in the words of My Friend LaTrice Pace.
I hope you will join me

If my wife found out, I'm afraid she would take my dollars...

Seriously, I never spend change. All change goes in the jar.
Seldom spend a single $1.00 bill...those go in the pile. Mostly
my wife turns that into her Christmas moneys.

Watched my Dad save his dollar bills... and one day, he
went out and bought Mom a brand new car with them.

But anything you save...it adds up after a bit. Can't go wrong.

I'm in. Just set up automatic transfer for the next 5 weeks. I have a habit of not transferring some of my paycheck money to my savings, so this will definitely help me keep up with that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom