55 Flowery Hen? Cockerel?

Scottiemom

Songster
6 Years
Mar 20, 2014
Nine Mile Falls, WA
So, I have 2, 55 Flowery Hens that are about 17 weeks old. Atleast, that is what I am supposed to have. I know they are supposed to be autosexing, but one of them I am not sure if it really is a 55, and, if not, what breed is it and is it a roo? (I got them as day old chicks from a local lady, but she had multiple breeds in one brooder, so I am questioning it.)
The first picture is of one pullet i do not doubt is a 55 Flowery Hen. The rest of the pictures are of the bird in question. Also, the bird in question is pretty challenging to my Bielefelder cockerel that is younger and still in the "introduction phase" with a fence separating the younger birds from the older birds.
20190723_063310.jpg
20190723_063450.jpg
20190723_063701.jpg
20190723_063538.jpg

Both are pullets. Male 55 Flowery Hens look like White Leghorn males with some orange leakage.
That was why I was wondering if there could have been a "breed mix-up" when I got the chicks. I know the male to female coloration is drastically different for the 55 Flowery Hen (females are colored with "flowers" and males almost completely white). And, of course there is the autosexing function of the chicks. I was just wondering if the second "pullet" might actually be a male of a different breed. Or could it be the gold versus silver color varieties?
To be honest, I think it may be a silver 55, but i am neelw to the breed and recently I have really been starting to second guess it. So, I thought I would ask.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom