5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Update on my NYD hatch chicks:

All 19 are doing well, I think I have 8 roo's.

Here is the bonus. I took pics of all of them.

Here is the mommies and daddies.

Awwwwwww, lots of sweet photos!
love.gif
Thank you all for sharing!

I need new photos... this weekend mine turn 4 weeks and are big kids now!

Yesterday I finished pulling tight the top of my aviary netting over the 36x20 run so I will get a photo of that as well. It is nice to be able to walk around in there again. The hawks still hover around, but once my littles move outside, I will feel better about them being in the run while I am home. The adults are fine in the run without the net, but I primarily got it to stop feeding the wild birds. It dropped my feed bill from $60 to $30 in one month. (That and dh removing the ground squirrel family with his bb gun)!

My NYD Babies are 3 weeks old and I know of Three for sure Roosters!

I may actually only have 2 pullets this time.

Last edited:
My NYD Babies are 3 weeks old and I know of Three for sure Roosters!

I may actually only have 2 pullets this time.

Oh my, look at all that boyish charm! So let me ask, besides the fairly obvious combs, I notice that there are two who look darker/browner/less barred than the others, and I'm not sure whether it's the picture or a delayed autosexing feature coming through, if in fact those two are the ones you think are pullets. I know this was a combination of Crele Penes and Cream Legbars (at least I think that is what I remember them being) and I'm wondering whether the CL brought along the autosexing characteristic. Did the ones with more barring have white head spots and the two darker ones not, by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom