5th chick dying in my hands right now - help!

Familypendragon, It would be really be super interesting and educational to post one of the necropsies or more to provide education relating to the symptoms the chicken was sent for and how baffling it might have been to a pathologist.

Can you post them?

Somewhere in this thread it is posted. I am not sure where. The jig is up. The new neighbors are getting chickens. No way will I expose their flock, so its time to cull the lot of them. I can't do it all at once, but it will be Spring before she gets them so I can do it a few at a time and save my favorites for last.

The Collidal Silver is good, but there is a better product along the same line but better. Silver Sol, which is excellent for humane and animal consumption.
It is expensive, but a little goes a long way. Google Silver Sol to learn more about it, or Link to, Silversolutionusa,com/. I keep it on hand for myself, my hubby, and my dog. You will be amazed at what it does. it can be taken internally, sprayed on externally, comes in a liquid or a gel. No side affects, not harmful in any way. Good luck, hope this helps, if not in time I would still check it out. I don's have birds yet, but when I do get them, this product will be in my first aid kit for the flock.

Somewhere in this thread it is posted. I am not sure where. The jig is up. The new neighbors are getting chickens. No way will I expose their flock, so its time to cull the lot of them. I can't do it all at once, but it will be Spring before she gets them so I can do it a few at a time and save my favorites for last.

So sorry again on all the birds you are losing day to day, and that nothing is working out for them. :hugs Very considerate of you to take your neighbors flock into account and make the difficult decision to cull your flock when need be. Hope you are able to get another problem and trouble free flock started next year.

Thanks so much Kathy! That was the "preliminary report" although they didn't send anything else to me. What I did finally get was a phone call. They ruled out Aspergillosis, Mareks, IB and Newcastle and said the only thing of concern besides the MG was the pseudomonas aeruginosa. They said it was a minor finding and were primarily concerned about the MG. I guess it doesn't matter now :/ I feel sick everytime I think about killing them all. But it has to be done now.

Back
Top Bottom