6 day old poop looking like worms or intestinal lining? Please help!

Cellighshim

Hatching
Feb 4, 2023
6 day old chicks! One of then pooped this! I switched their chick feed from manna pro 25% protein to scratch and peck chick starter 16% - both unmedicated.
Chicks are vaccinated with mareks.

Is this normal? Some are pooping watery yellow foamy poop. And some are pooping fine.

I have acv and probiotics on their water. I have been mixing their feed with water to make it easier for them to eat ( one had a prolapsed vent but is fine now).

Not sure if i should get corrid... Please advise! Thank you!

Attachments

• 20230206_113839.jpg
    20230206_113839.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 36
If they haven't been exposed to soil there's no reason to think they have a cocci problem. That poop looks normal to me. I would offer plain water along with the other. They don't need ACV but probiotics are usually helpful for chicks as long as they have access to plain water as well.

If they haven't been exposed to soil there's no reason to think they have a cocci problem. That poop looks normal to me. I would offer plain water along with the other. They don't need ACV but probiotics are usually helpful for chicks as long as they have access to plain water as well.
Thank you! Is there a reason why it comes out in this tubular shape vs normal looking poop?

Back
Top Bottom