6 days overdue now what?

I am so sorry too.
hugs.gif
I remember my first hatch and it failed from low temps and how I sat around and cried because I felt like such a failure to the poor little ones. Then determination set in and I was set to figure out how to hatch once and for all. Well, let's just say I hatch more than I can brood here sometimes. Don't give up and keep trying. Once you get it, you're set. And please don't blame yourself..this is all a learning process and even first time mother hens don't get it right the first time. Let us know how the next hatch goes.

Jody

Thnaks mudhen.....it was a little dissapointing...however it was my first time ever trying to hatch eggs. Im sure it was something I did wrong, combined with the home made bator. Im hopeing the next batch works out better....15 days and counting!!

I hope that not all first time hatches end like yours. I feel for you. I am hatching my first batch and I started with 17 eggs. 14 were shipped to me by Jaynie and the other 3 were mine from my BB Red OEGB's. I am down to 7 of the shipped eggs and 2 of mine. They are on day 13 and are moving and so forth. So hopefull all is well at this point. I imagine that they wont all hatch though, after reading all the hatching stories. Hope you have better luck next time.

Marie

Deb;
Sory to hear that yours didn't make it.
sad.png
I was wondering, and came back to the post to see.... Well good luck on the next batch. i am still waiting for eggs to arrive. Every time I walk by the bator I'm thinking I should turn eggs (but there are none in there...) I can't wait until we get chicks! I know we both will eventually.
jumpy.gif

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. Today....day 7 or 8....I set them on the 5th...early evening. So prolly day 7? I candled 5 of the 27 yesterday....all were growing, and moveing inside!! WOOHOO! I didnt want to candle any more, and have to keep opening the bator. SIGH!! ok.....I can do this.....walk by....check temp and humidity...walk away....walk away...walk away!! Wondering...can I sleep for 14 days!?? LOL

Back
Top Bottom