6 month old slates male or female????need to know

slates860

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 5, 2010
i have two young slates i got from my uncle this year as straight runs one is about twice the size of the other one ,can any one help with sexing these 2 birds for me
thank you

69202_887.jpg

69202_885.jpg

69202_883.jpg

69202_879.jpg

69202_884.jpg

Quote:
you think so, how can you tell ?
i haven't once seen either of the 2 birds gobble or strut around at all
the bigger one of the 2 will extend its snood the other ones is always just point right off the top like in the pics
thanks

The long legs give it away. This is two of mine the same age. I try to take a picture of a slate hen next to a tom of the same age to show how they shorter legged.

57076_2010_turkeys_162_3.jpg

does that mean there too young or immature to gobble or strut around ??????? i never seen or herd either one

Day old turkeys can strut. Maybe you do not know how to get them fired up. I can get some of my hens to strut. Did you see the picture I took of my hen? Mine know my whistle even at a young age and to me is not a a way to sex them 100%. I noticed I could not get other people turkeys to gobble and strut like I can to my own. But they where males plenty old enough. I bet they would strut if they had a hen around.

thanks everyone , im just really surprised i never herd either one of them gobbling any other input would be cool thanks

Back
Top Bottom