6 week old chick breed?? Males or females??

Me too!! Thank you!!

So you think the black and white barred one is a male? (The last pic).
I think she is a pullet and is a cuckoo marans. I do believe your gold lace wyandotte is a female, but definitely not a blrw. Your lavenders look female too. I'm not familiar with the others.
Good luck, I hope things work out for your flock!

A blue cochin.
That makes more sense!

A Cochin should have feathered feet & lower legs. The other breeds you listed should all be clean-legged (no feathers on the feet & lower legs.)

So the Cochin is probably the little on in pictures 3 & 4.

Cochins usually come in two sizes: "standard" which are pretty large, and bantam which are definitely small. I think yours might be the bantam size.

Another question. Out of those two lavenders, do they both look female?? Still at least 5 weeks. One of their combs is a bit more pink than yellow and has thicker legs, and barley any tail. Same body size though.

They look pretty similar to me, so I think they are likely to be the same gender as each other. But I'd wait at least a few more weeks to be sure, because gender differences tend to become more obvious as the birds get older.

That makes more sense!

A Cochin should have feathered feet & lower legs. The other breeds you listed should all be clean-legged (no feathers on the feet & lower legs.)

So the Cochin is probably the little on in pictures 3 & 4.

Cochins usually come in two sizes: "standard" which are pretty large, and bantam which are definitely small. I think yours might be the bantam size.

They look pretty similar to me, so I think they are likely to be the same gender as each other. But I'd wait at least a few more weeks to be sure, because gender differences tend to become more obvious as the birds get older.
I didn't even think if the blue cochin being a possible bantam! The only other ones with feathered feet its my salmon faverell. Which im going to post a picture of. Im pretty sure she's a girl...hopefully! 🤞

I didn't even think if the blue cochin being a possible bantam! The only other ones with feathered feet its my salmon faverell. Which im going to post a picture of. Im pretty sure she's a girl...hopefully! 🤞

Attachments

• 20210617_115822_HDR.jpg
    20210617_115822_HDR.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210617_115912.jpg
    20210617_115912.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom