6 week old Chick, Sleepy, Hunched not eating treats - help please!

Final update: Dreamer is WELL!!! She is a normal chicken in every way! She's smaller than the flock, but just as funny and aggressive and excited to be a chicken. Thank you all for your help! (Think I have a little one with a cold now, but I'll start a new strand for her.)
Cheers!!

That's wonderful! About, about the other one with a cold... one of my chicks sneezed all the time and we were worried she was sick but it turned out that she was just more sensitive to the dust/dander in the brooder. She was just sneezing dust out. If sneezing is the only symptom for your other one that might be the case.

Glad to hear Dreamer's all good. :)

Thanks, 5Leepy, for being with me through that whole thing...to think I was going to put her down!!! My other chick is one of my strongest, but I just now noticed that she had her mouth open to breath every once in a while (she's not hot), and she's swiping her beak on the ground over and over as well as having a runny nose...she is also a sneezer, but she's not sneezing. Maybe something caught in her throat?

The runny nose isn't good. I don't have any experience with any of my chicks or hens with that so definitely post a new thread to get help. You can also look at my page on here for a lot of links that might help you out. I keep links there for my own use to help diagnose/medicate my flock so hopefully that will help you out. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/5leepy-s-member-page.

Doing searches in this forum is always useful as well. I've found a lot of good information that way.

I know what you mean about almost putting her down, I was at the same stage with my chick as well. It feels so good to help one survive, doesn't it? :)

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom