6 week old Ducklings inside still!!

Irishkillian

Chirping
Nov 17, 2020
I need help from my Duck loving friends! I live in NJ and the weather has been rainy for 6 days and in the 40's. My 6 week old Ducklings are still inside my garage! I have them in a big pool with towels on the bottom. It is SOOO gross. I need to clean everyday and it's cold and freezing! Please tell me this is the hardest part of raising ducks! AND... any suggestions on how to make it easier. I am currently building the coop for outside, but the weather is going to delay me by another week or 2.

I do find that brooding ducks inside is the worst part of raising them.
I no longer keep ducklings inside for more than a couple weeks.
Hopefully you can find a way to get them outside soon. I'm in PA and spring is struggling to arrive here too.

I need help from my Duck loving friends! I live in NJ and the weather has been rainy for 6 days and in the 40's. My 6 week old Ducklings are still inside my garage! I have them in a big pool with towels on the bottom. It is SOOO gross. I need to clean everyday and it's cold and freezing! Please tell me this is the hardest part of raising ducks! AND... any suggestions on how to make it easier. I am currently building the coop for outside, but the weather is going to delay me by another week or 2.
I have two 5 week old ducks in my bathroom.. I have a very big tote with wood shavings in the bottom and a layer of hay on top. I just roll up the hay and put in a trash bag. Very easy. And put a new layer of hay down. They will be moved outside to a nice duck box this week. It really doesn't take long for me to change the hay. I empty their wood chips every other day. But I only have two khaki Campbell's.. really th
e hay rolls easy after a day with them on it. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom