6 Week Old Jubilee Orpingtons - Pullets or Roos??

Which ones are pullets?

Votes: 5 100.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • None of them :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ksrchicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
Hello BYCers! These are my first Jubilee Orpingtons sourced from a local breeder who originally got them from Greenfire Farms. I purchased them at 2 weeks old and they are now 6.5 weeks old. One apparently is a runt?? I did not know this existed in the chicken world but he/she has been significantly smaller than the other two from about 3 weeks onward, although otherwise seems healthy and active. He/she was also much slower to develop feathers although has somewhat caught up at this point. Would love advice as to whether you feel they are pullets or roos. I have my guesses but am really hoping the runt is a hen. Also, if you have feedback as to whether they may be good for breeding (obviously not the runt) would welcome that as well. Initially was planning to return roos to the breeder but am considering otherwise now that I have learned more about the Jubilee Orpington. Many thanks!!

Baby #1 - The Runt

Babies #2 & #1

Babies #1, #2 & #3

Babies #2, #1, and #3 (going up the stairs)

Thanks all for your input. I was thinking #1 & #2 may be roos b/c they are whiter and #3 was definitely a pullet. Would love if #1 turns out to be a pullet though!

Back
Top Bottom