6 week old rainbow layer and 4 week old cohins? breed and sex?

sarahswank

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013
Garden City, Kansas
I have three chickens who I am not sure on their breed. two feather footed ones who I believe are bantam cohins, and one standard who came in a varity pack called rainbow layers.

This first one is definately a cockeral, I just curious on breed. It is a bantam with feather feet. I believe maybe a cohin, but I didnt know if cohin's can have such odd coloring. You will see his face has gold on it, and his wings have gold feathers on them. The rest of him is black. I included a picture of his feet and one with his wings spread out over my hand to show how the gold on his wings stays only on the edge of it on both sides.

This next one is also a bantam. It does have feathered feet also. Her head isnt quite fully feathered out yet making her face look odd. pretty sure this one is a pullet, but I am not sure on breed. another cohin?

This last one is a standard breed and 6-7 weeks old. We got "her" in a variety pack called rainbow layers, but I cant remember which hatchery it came from. I would love a guess on both breed and gender. Comb and wattles are pale, but something about the neck feathers and feet size make make me wonder if this is just a lower status male. (I have atleast 4 other obvious males in this batch)

I'm thinking cochin, mille fluer duccle, and I'm not sure on the last one. Golden laced Wyandotte?

Yep, looks like a Cochin--why do you say it's a cockerel? I can't see the comb, but as long as there's no red it may be a pullet. If there's red at 4 weeks, it's definitely a cockerel--, a mille fleur D'Uccle pullet, and the last one looks like an Easter Egger pullet.

Yep, looks like a Cochin--why do you say it's a cockerel? I can't see the comb, but as long as there's no red it may be a pullet. If there's red at 4 weeks, it's definitely a cockerel--, a mille fleur D'Uccle pullet, and the last one looks like an Easter Egger pullet.
LOL, he is trying to crow and there is pink sort of coming in. He is not going to be sold off, atleast for quite a while, so he will have time to lay eggs and prove me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom