6 week old rocking chick

SilkySilkie

Songster
Aug 7, 2021
Vic,Australia
So i am in Australia i bought 2 six week old chicks on sunday and the day i brought them home both of then were fine the next day i noticed one of the chicks rocking closed eyes so i brought her in the bathroom turned the heater on and warmed her up she was fine for around 3 hours the she continued rocking and closing her eyes so we thought maybe keep them inside the house in a box so we did that and she was still rocking so we warmed her up and kept her in a nice warm area and we have been giving both of them kids panadol since its lockdown and we dont have a pet shop that sells medicine for chicks within 5km shes doing better today but not good enough the first day her poop was very runny today its way better so any tips on what to do with her and no i dont have a heat pad/incubator/heat plates

Is she eating and drinking normally? 6 week old chicks don't usually need high heat, unless its quite cold. Any bloody stools or visible injuries? I hope someone with more experience chimes in with good suggestions.

Hi, sorry you are having problems. What are you feeding the chicks? You say you have taken steps to warm her, how are you doing that? Are these your only chickens? Have you ever had chickens before? What are you keeping them in, can you post a picture of your setup? Has anyone been handling the chicks? What is the temperature in the room where you are keeping them? How are you keeping them warm at night? And finally, are they eating and drinking?

Is she eating and drinking normally? 6 week old chicks don't usually need high heat, unless its quite cold. Any bloody stools or visible injuries? I hope someone with more experience chimes in with good suggestions.
yes shes eating fine and also drinking but we are worried because the other chick we have is very high energy and shes not no injuries tiny dots of reddish in stools

PS I'm no expert but my chicks are dealing with this right now, as are my two pullets. They are all being treated and bloody poops stopped after two days of treatment. Full treatment is 7 days

Back
Top Bottom