6 week old

Newbyc

Chirping
Aug 4, 2019
So my question is I just recently put my 6 week old chickens 5 of them in there coop outside should I need a heat lamp out at night the temps in as are high 85 lows 50s when they where indoor I stop useing the lamp at night but do I need it outside ???

So my question is I just recently put my 6 week old chickens 5 of them in there coop outside should I need a heat lamp out at night the temps in as are high 85 lows 50s when they where indoor I stop useing the lamp at night but do I need it outside ???
They should not need heat any longer. They'll be fine.

Ok am new at this is there anything else that would be a good idea for the coop ?
Close off the nest boxes so they don't develop the habit of sleeping in them.
Make sure you lock up each and every night.
I assume you have roughly 4 sq ft per bird out there and the coop is predator proof with lots of ventilation.

Close off the nest boxes so they don't develop the habit of sleeping in them.
Make sure you lock up each and every night.
I assume you have roughly 4 sq ft per bird out there and the coop is predator proof with lots of ventilation.
Yes they have lots of space more then they need I haven’t let them out in the run area yet untill they know the coop is a safe place so I should run a fan for them your saying or only in the day time

Yes they have lots of space more then they need I haven’t let them out in the run area yet untill they know the coop is a safe place so I should run a fan for them your saying or only in the day time
How much ventilation so they have? How long have they been in the coop?

How much ventilation so they have? How long have they been in the coop?
I have been putting them in there part time but tonight going to be the frist time spending the night in there cause when I put them back in the house they just seem to knock everything over and don’t wanna be in there so the coop going to be permanent now

Back
Top Bottom