6 weeks old chick... breeds?

Meenew

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2020
Hi
I month ago i bought some chicks and the seller said they could be any of these:
RIR
Buff chantecler
Brahma
Marans
Golden laced wyandottes
Olive egger
Easter egger
Barred plymouth rock...

Any help would be great!

Chantecler?
20201011_082245.jpg

Not sure about this one... it has feathered feet.
20201011_082227.jpg

Fluffy white one in the back...
20201011_082236.jpg

No clue about the two black ones... clean feet.
20201011_082243.jpg

The grey one.. of course the other one is always photobombing....
20201011_082310.jpg

20201011_082225.jpg

Cuckoo maran i think...

Thank you

Julie

The black one in the second to last picture that's in the middle is a roo. I'm going to say olive egger on the last one, probably made using a cuckoo marans. The white one in the first pic is definitely not buff, so I'm not sure. Maybe an EE? What color are the legs on the black ones?

They all look like mixes to me.
I think that is what the seller meant when they said "they could be any of...". That meant any COMBINATION of...
When I give away my cockerels, I know who their father is and that's it. When the person taking him asks what his mix is, I will list off the various breeds of hens I have. Take a guess. But who really knows?

The black one in the second to last picture that's in the middle is a roo. I'm going to say olive egger on the last one, probably made using a cuckoo marans. The white one in the first pic is definitely not buff, so I'm not sure. Maybe an EE? What color are the legs on the black ones?

They have blaçk legs but white feet...

By white feet, do you mean the bottoms of their feet? If so, I'd say that that those could be australorps, and the 'cuckoo marans' may be an olive egger. I think that the others are mixes.
The top of their toes...

Back
Top Bottom